Fatherly seeks a Business Development Director who will source, model, diligence and execute new revenue and marketing opportunities that deliver meaningful business results. This role reports to the CEO and encompasses content distribution, acquisition, licensing and commerce opportunities initially focused in North America.
Launched in April 2015, Fatherly is the leading digital brand for young parents. In the last year, Fatherly generated over a billion video views, was named Oprah’s favorite website of 2016, and won the 2017 Webby Award for “Best Parenting Site on the Internet”. Fatherly is backed by BDMI, UTA, SoftTech VC, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, The Knight Foundation and prominent angels such as Gary Vaynerchuk and the founders of Bleacher Report among others.
What You’ll Do:
- Help develop our strategy for expanding Fatherly reach and business opportunities by identifying potential new digital partnership opportunities – via regular contact with executives from relevant digital media companies, close reading of trade and consumer press and updates with own list of digital business contacts
- Provide analysis of potential benefits of marketing and/or revenue driving activities under consideration, including possible positive and negative impacts on existing businesses. Compare proposed projects to agreed set of KPIs to inform decision making
- Become familiar with key Fatherly franchise opportunities and be able to identify suitability for additional extension or marketing with new/nascent digital partners
- Participate in concept ideation for new short and long-form projects developed to meet needs of new/nascent digital partners. Build catalog packages to support new projects as relevant, working closely with Sales & Distribution team.
- Create pitch presentations and pitch in concepts for new short and long-form projects to partners
- Negotiate deals and conclude contracts for new projects, working closely with Legal team and Sales & Distribution team as relevant
- Demonstrate ROI of new business ventures to internal and external stakeholders
- Frequent travel between US coasts to stay abreast of developments in both locations
- In-depth knowledge of the US digital media marketplace; 5+ years’ experience in a digital or digital distribution environment preferable; good contacts in the digital space (especially on the West Coast) required
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships in digital media, particularly around video and entertainment brands
- Strong deal making experience, including negotiation and contract building
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively at a fast pace; work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Keen analytical and mathematical skills; proficiency with Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including PowerPoint
- Ability to pay close attention to intricate and varied details
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills; able to work across global cultures and diverse teams
- MBA preferred; college degree minimum
How To Apply:
Please send your resume and briefly introduce yourself via emailand provide any links or clips that showcase relevant work.