Blavity is on the lookout for new members to join our team.
We are a venture-funded technology and new media company. We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy & focused team-players who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction and we are looking for new people to help us continue our growth. Blavity is changing the landscape of media representation by building the world’s largest digital community for Millennials of Color. Blavity was founded in 2014 around a simple idea: Enable Millennials of Color to tell their own stories.
Today, we average 3 Million monthly unique visitors, generate 30-50 Million monthly social impressions, and distribute our message across all major social media platforms. We are based in Downtown LA with team members working across the world.
CUSTOMER SUCCESS DIRECTOR
Blavity is looking for a proven and creative Director of Customer Success (CS) to be a key player on the sales and marketing team overseeing the planning and execution of our customer’s branded campaigns. S/he will oversee the entire CS team and will serve in an advisory role for large/key clients.
The ideal candidate has:
- Proven experience in developing and managing a team of 20+ in the service of meeting customer goals, extracting key insights, and evolving strategic product offerings.
- Seasoned brand strategy professional with a deep understanding of Ad Tech and Integrated Digital Campaigns; must have a track record of transforming customer’s voice and objectives into compelling and cohesive campaigns.
- Passionate about serving as a trusted advisor for internal stakeholders and for customers, both on the brand and agency side.
- Equally analytical and creative, with a keen ability to communicate complex topics effectively to customers and your team.
- Adept at partnering cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to develop pitch decks for partnerships.
- Deeply curious in understanding your customer’s industries and the economic/social/political factors impacting their business.
- Lead the team of CS Managers, Associates and Coordinators in the LA office and provide oversight into the complete project workflow.
- Oversee branded content performance metrics to ensure campaign ROI and opportunities for growth are accurately communicated to the client.
- Ensure the right processes and workflows are in place and being adhered to by your team from campaign kick-off to wrap-up.
- Collaborate with the CS Managers on large/key clients to understand the campaign scope, KPIs, and possible renewal/upsell opportunities.
- Advise on the ideation and execution of custom content across the CS portfolio.
- Partner with leaders in Sales and Creative to distill and package insights into new product offerings and/or thought leadership for our customers.
- 8-10 years customer-facing experience as a Director at a media agency and/or publisher, managing digital advertising strategy for a portfolio of brands.
- 8-10 years of experience directly managing a team of project managers/coordinators.
- Proven experience delivering engaging, on-brand campaigns across digital, social and experiential (portfolio required).
- Experience working with agencies, as well as directly with brands.
- Deep understanding of how to extract and interpret data to build actionable customer insights through storytelling (advanced PPT skills required).
- Excellent writing and communication skills and attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines.
- Vast knowledge of tech, culture, entertainment, business and social media trends and ability to write across them.
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES ONLY.