Our chronic illness team is seeking an intern to assist editors in all aspects of their job. Candidates should have writing experience and be able to provide samples or clips. Your personal experience with chronic illness or rare disease is an asset. Our team all have a passion for helping people with health conditions and creating content that truly means something to our community. Experience in social media is a plus.
- Editing and framing contributor blog submissions
- Pitching, researching and writing news and op-ed pieces
- Creating “listicles” based on insight from our community
- Planning and implementing an internship project
- Pitching to our video producers
- Assisting in day-to-day editorial operations
This position must be completed for academic credit. To qualify, you need to be available for at least 10 hours per week. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with the subject line Chronic Illness intern –[your name].