In this internship, you’ll assist the editor-in-chief as well as our news team in day-to-day editorial operations. We’re looking for someone passionate about health journalism and excited to learn the ins and outs of start-up life. This internship is fast-paced. We’re looking for an eager learner ready to take on the often spontaneous tasks of our small but Mighty editorial team.
- Working one-on-one with both our editor-in-chief and director of news
- Transcribing interviews
- Assisting in research for our long-form reported pieces
- Mastering interviewing and basic reporting
- Learning how to optimize a story for social sharing
- Pitching stories our community cares about
- Getting involved with our newly launched platform
- Planniimplementingmenting an internship project
This position must be completed for academic credit. To qualify, you need to be available for at least 10 hours per week. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with the subject line EDITORIAL INTERN –[your name].