Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
What you will do
As Field Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing strategy and executing regional and national custom and sponsored events and measuring performance against goals. You will work with other marketing team members to ensure events are part of broader integrated campaigns that engage, inform, and activate schools and districts onto Newsela Pro.
- Build and execute custom and sponsored events aligned to regional sales priorities and revenue targets.
- Manage execution of the field-marketing plan and collaborate with SDRs and sales reps to ensure consistent and strong follow-through on sourced leads.
- Track and report on pipeline metrics.
- Understand complex buying processes involving multiple decision-makers.
- Communicate with sales in order to gain buy-in, understanding and participation in events.
- Understand the market trends in the region and build event content as needed.
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years field marketing experience.
- Track record of building innovative event programs.
- Experience with Marketo and Salesforce to report on success of field programs.
- Proven ability to effectively execute integrated, streamlined marketing programs on both a strategic and tactical level.
- Demonstrated experience with freemium business models, especially driving high quality leads for sales.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver results in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Flexibility to quickly adapt and change strategy to align with business needs.