Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Position: Field Sales Representative
As an Field Sales Representative, your primary goal will be generating sales of and driving demand for Nearpod solutions at schools in your territory. You will work on a team with your Regional Sales Manager to develop a territory plan and then execute in order to exceed your monthly goals. You will be developing relationships with school and district administrators and technology directors and will be responsible for sales within your assigned territory.
Nearpod Sales Package includes:
- Full health benefits, as well as a very competitive base salary
- Uncapped commissions
- High commission % with built in accelerators
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for generating demand and sales at K-12 schools and school districts
- Provide live demonstrations to prospects
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close
- Overcome customer objections by demonstrating negotiation skills and ability to sell benefits not features
- Maintain a strong level of knowledge about our products and services
- Maintain a strong understanding of assigned territory, education vertical and competitive offerings
- Attend trade shows and in-market events
- Achieve and exceed monthly sales targets
- Proficient use of Salesforce.com
- Travel required
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of sales experience required
- Successful sales experience with K12 Institutions
- Excellent phone, written and verbal skills
- Well organized with efficient time and territory management skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and commitment to exceeding sales objectives
- Loves overachieving
- Desire to work at a fast-paced growing startup
- Go-getter with a great attitude.
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.