Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader - and teacher favorite - in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Location: Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
Department: Business Development
Position: Director, Business Development
Nearpod is seeking a talented Director of Business Development responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing partnerships to increase existing business and capture new opportunities in Sales, Marketing, Professional Development, and Product Integrations. This position reports directly to one of Nearpod's founders and is based in our Aventura office.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leverage partners to drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company's ambitious growth.
- Collaborate with Internal Sales and other teams to accomplish greater company goals
- Develop marketing opportunities to expand Nearpod’s reach
- Identify and implement product integrations that increase value to our users
- Responsible for finding Nearpod “success stories” to share back with our partners customer success
- Leverage partnerships to scale Nearpod’s support services to reach more educators
- Support internal training and communication when rolling out new partnerships and/or initiatives
- Collaborate with Marketing team to create sales enablement materials and communicate to customers
- Be a brand steward to our partners
- Develop and leverage data-driven insights to support Nearpod & partners (must be able to use data to inform partnerships and partnership success).
- Effectively communicate the impact of partnerships
- Effectively coordinate stakeholders
- Experience in working with Legal to negotiate agreements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in working with senior management to align strategies and solutions
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required; Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience in tech industry is a plus
- Experience in education is a plus
- Highly organized
- Strong business acumen
- A customer centric mindset
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.