Nearpod is an award-winning education technology company focused on developing digital learning tools, virtual reality and interactive content across mobile devices that provides teachers an easy and efficient way to leverage technology in the classroom by creating learning experiences that engage and inspire students.
Since its launch in 2012 Nearpod has become a leader (& teacher favorite) in teaching and learning with technology. Nearpod currently reaches ~5M students monthly. In 2016 it was named one of Inc. 500’s fastest growing private companies and was featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod has offices in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors like Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, as well as Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
We believe that training is more than simply showing how, it is equipping the why and empowering with all the necessary tools to be successful. As the Senior Manager of our Training team, you are an integral part of the customer's journey to understanding the Nearpod teaching solution and helping teachers apply it in their classroom environment. This role will work first hand with the Nearpod training team and interact closely with the Customer Success, Marketing, Content, and Sales teams to coordinate as well as execute Nearpod's virtual and on-site training offerings with schools, districts, and enterprise partners. Coaching trainers, evaluating training resources, and conducting site based and webinar trainings is also an integral part of this position.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate educator with a minimum of seven years teaching/education experience and four years of adult PD/training and team management. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated person who is excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a proven track-record of project management and an entrepreneurial mindset. The candidate must be extremely organized, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be a reliable problem-solver.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and build a team of local and remote-based trainers.
- Maintain a vision for growth and work integrally with a cross-department perspective.
- Oversee and maintain training records and internal training scheduling.
- Implement weekly training team meetings, virtually, and conduct 1-1 meetings with the training team
- Oversee and partner cross-departmentally for creation, delivery and maintenance of training programs:
- Upskill training for internal training team
- New hire onboarding
- Evaluate training resources based on teacher feedback and market opportunities
- Coach and execute webinars and on-site trainings as scheduled to customers and Nearpod teachers
- Understand the challenges that teachers face and demonstrate how our technology solution can impact student success through training
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field preferred, BA/BS in Education required
- Minimum of 7 years teaching/education experience and 4 years working with adult PD or training and team management
- Experience with education related organizations, project management, and/or operational experience at a fast paced, high growth organization a plus
- Proven ability to lead a team virtually across multiple locations
- A passion for bringing technology into the classroom as well as a desire to learn about education technology and professional development trends
- Excellent writing, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Great attention to detail and organization skills
- Experience working in a SaaS environment is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required
- Ability to travel 50%-75% of the time
- Miami, FL (headquarter office)
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.