Mic is looking for an Editor to join its lifestyle team. As our editor you will work with the editorial director to conceive and oversee a new consumer-focused lifestyle series that encompasses money, food, travel, style and technology. Part of this role will include assigning and editing personal finance and career stories that are relevant to Mic readers.
The ideal candidate is a sharp editor who is passionate about finding new, creative approaches to finance and career coverage, and cares deeply about service journalism as a way to tell stories.
This position is based in Mic’s offices in New York City.
- Edit quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
- Assign stories to staff reporters and freelancers
- Develop series and franchises related to work and money
- Build a network of sources and freelancers for Payoff
- Oversee traffic and performance of Payoff stories
- Manage a new lifestyle product focused on service journalism
- 3 to 5 years of experience in editing or social media
- Comfortable with writing and editing work and money stories
- Experience with service journalism
- Social media, newsletter or audience engagement experience a plus
- Video journalism experience is a plus, but not a requirement
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues through diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s changemakers, who most influence and impact the world. We explore, explain and expose.