We are seeking an Associate Producer to join the video team at Mic. This role will directly support the anchor of Mic Dispatch, as well as the rest of the video team in planning and tracking the progress of all production elements, including but not limited to: researching and pitching content ideas; coordinating and booking anchor stand-up shoots; assisting with the development and editing of anchor scripts; and periodically participating in field shoots, as needed.
The Associate Producer will also be responsible for coordinating the post-production process for editing and delivering all episodes of Mic Dispatch - making sure that we meet deadlines, shepherding the episodes through the Legal and Standards reviews, and ensuring that the episodes are uploaded at the required specifications.
As an Associate Producer, they will join a hardworking, knowledgeable team and contribute to the video evolution of this exciting project. The ideal candidate will have an eye for details, experience with producing and publishing video, first-rate research skills, and extensive experience working with scripts.
- Working closely with the anchor on logistics and scripting
- Organizing logistics for production needs, including equipment, venues, studio, props, travel, releases, etc.
- Assisting with writing and fact-checking anchor scripts
- Providing updates and feedback on progress of production
- Shepherding the episodes through the Legal and Standards reviews
- Participating in brainstorms and bringing new ideas to the table
- Passion for journalism and visual experimentation
- 2-3 years of video production experience
- Bachelor's in Film and Arts or any of the related media fields required
- Experience with media management and writing copy and scripts for video
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere
- Ability to work late hours and weekends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in Mic’s mission
- A true team player who’s extremely dependable and passionate
- Ability to drive a car as needed is required
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues through diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s changemakers, who most influence and impact the world. We explore, explain and expose.