Mic is looking to hire an Associate Producer to join the video team, working across departments including on the new show Mic Dispatch on Facebook Watch. The team is focused on producing high-impact and best-in-class video stories, covering topics that align to Mic's core Editorial priorities. The stories are about 6 minutes in length and are produced docu-style with an emphasis on field reporting.
The Associate Producer will help shape Mic’s video content offerings and support team members in story development and execution. The Associate Producer must be willing to execute a range of projects and tasks, including pitching story ideas, pre-production research, identifying and booking guests, coordinating production logistics (locations, releases, call sheets, budgets etc.), contributing to the script-writing process and helping field-produce the pieces.
The Associate Producer will also ideally come to the role with proficiency using a Canon-line camera to serve as a B-cam on shoots, as well as a comfortability editing in Adobe Premiere to help with string-outs and simple edits.
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, ambitious self-starter who is eager to help craft original, compelling stories that resonate and engage our audience.
- Identify and pitch stories that resonate with Mic’s audience
- Support the team in all aspects of production, from pitch to completion
- Aid in script writing
- Organize and prepare video content, which includes logging and sourcing/clearing third-party content
- Collaborate with shooter/editor to organize raw footage in Premiere and pull selects
- 2-3 years experience in video production
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere
- Proficient with Canon line of cameras, including the C100 & C300
- Passion for journalism and visual experimentation
- Extremely organized and enjoys managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proven track record of success in groundbreaking visual storytelling
- Highly communicative and strong interpersonal skills
- Field production experience
Mic reaches a monthly audience of 50 million with original reporting on the most important issues through diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking. We consider Mic the leading digital news company for society’s changemakers, who most influence and impact the world. We explore, explain and expose.