We’re seeking a full time Video Producer to join The Evergrey, a community-driven digital media startup that’s about helping Seattleites live like they live here.
Our ideal candidate is a creative video storyteller who is comfortable producing work in a fast-paced environment. You’ve ideally shot and edited non-fiction, character-driven video stories and created beautiful, informative motion graphics. We also would like this person to understand how to use social media and other distribution platforms to reach our intended audience and help us grow The Evergrey’s community of curious locals .
WhereBy.Us is a media startup that’s helping curious locals make the most of their cities. Our purpose is to help people live like they live here— and build a model for doing so that can serve growing cities around the world. We’re a team that cares about the future of cities and the people who live in them. We want our communities to be stronger, better connected, and more awesome.
THE VIDEO PRODUCER WILL:
- Identify and develop original quick-turn and in-depth video ideas
- Work with our Creative Team to shoot, edit, publish and share original video content that builds meaningful connections in the community, encourages viewers to take action and helps grow our community of newsletter subscribers
- Collaborate with the Director of Video & Chief Creative Officer to produce internal and co-produced client projects
- Experiment with new video-based techniques and technology
WE’D ASK YOU TO SUBMIT:
- Links to 2-3 samples of your work, with explanations of your role in each project.
- Examples of 2-3 digital videos you admire, with a few words on why.
- A brief write up explaining your vision for contributing to The Evergrey’s work in the community.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Full-time professional experience in creating short-form nonfiction videos, ideally in a journalism setting
- A proven track record of producing well-crafted videos from pitch to publication, with a background in researching ideas, writing scripts, conducting interviews, shooting and editing video
- Experience creating video content in different formats for different types of platforms and screens
- An ability to manage multiple deadlines and balance quick-turnaround work—including day-of pieces—with longer-term projects
- Intimate knowledge of social media and an ability to recognize and create things that people will be excited to share
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere and familiarity with After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
NICE TO HAVES
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO:
- Love to learn and learn on the job
- Are proactive and like solving problems
- Are relentlessly curious about the world around them
- Approach other people and challenging situations with empathy
- Love helping people discover, engage and feel more connected to where they live
We’re more interested in working with great people than in lists of qualifications. If you want to work with us but don’t check all these boxes, that’s OK. We still want to hear from you.
Bonus points if you can get our attention in a creative way. Please no singing telegrams (they’re creepy) or live animals (we have enough already).
We offer competitive salary and full benefits including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, a 401k, and commuter benefits.
Candidates must be able to work full-time in Seattle, WA.
Not located in Seattle? How about one of our other cities? We’re looking for Video Producers in Miami, Portland, and Orlando as well.