We’re seeking an Events Manager (Miami) to join WhereBy.Us, a community-driven digital media startup that’s about helping Miami, Seattle, Portland, and Orlando live like they live here.
Our ideal candidate has experience planning, producing, and executing events both on a small scale (10-50 people) and large scale (100+).
WhereBy.Us is a media startup that’s helping curious locals make the most of their cities. Our purpose is to help people live like they live here— and build a model for doing so that can serve growing cities around the world. We’re a team that cares about the future of cities and the people who live in them. We want our communities to be stronger, better connected, and more awesome.
THE EVENTS MANAGER WILL:
- Work with our Creative Team to generate, plan, and execute successful events for both internal teams and clients.
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Be in charge of hiring vendors (DJs, venues, etc)
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Supervise all event staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success during wrap up meeting
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Full-time professional experience in event planning and management
- Availability nights and weekends (few of these events will happen during business hours)
- Project and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must be willing and able to drive. You will need a vehicle so that you can get to and from events, load and unload equipment, etc. We reimburse for mileage.
- Access to an automobile
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines, quick turnarounds, and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of social media marketing is a plus
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO:
- Love to learn and learn on the job
- Are proactive and like solving problems
- Are relentlessly curious about the world around them
- Approach other people and challenging situations with empathy
- Love helping people discover, engage and feel more connected to where they live
We’re more interested in working with great people than in lists of qualifications. If you want to work with us but don’t check all these boxes, that’s OK. We still want to hear from you.
Bonus points if you can get our attention in a creative way. Please no singing telegrams (they’re creepy) or live animals (we have enough already).
We offer competitive salary and full benefits including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, a 401k, and commuter benefits.
Candidates must be able to work full-time in Miami, FL.