About the Role:
We’re looking for our first full-time Staff Accountant to join Feathr’s accounting and finance team! As a growing start-up and the first in the role, you’ll have a lot of opportunity to help define your role. This position is responsible for maintaining accounting principle, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This role will report to our VP of Finance and work directly with multiple departments, like Sales and Customer Success.
- Manage and assist with accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure a timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and year end close
- Perform general ledger activities and reconciliations
- Ensure all accounting procedures, records, and reports conform to GAAP
- Support of budget and forecast activities
- Expense reimbursements and allocations
What We’re Looking for
- 3 to 5 years accounting experience
- Accounting degree required or working towards degree
- Knowledgeable in accounting theory, principles, and practices
- Proficiency in Quickbooks/Intacct and Excel/Google Sheets
- Highly detail oriented and accurate
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Ready to hit the ground running on day one!
Expected earnings are $50,000 base salary + additional performance compensation. Fully covered health/dental/vision insurance, and other benefits like an educational budget, office food, and social events.
This position will be based full-time in Gainesville, FL, with the rest of the company. While Feathr offers flexible work hours, we are unable to support fully remote employees at this time. If you aren’t familiar, Gainesville is a hip mid-sized city with a highly educated population and a killer quality of life.
Why would you want to work with us at Feathr?
- Fully stocked snack shelves and fridges.
- Florida’s warm so we’ve got La Croix for days.
- In case you get sick, we’ve got you covered with full health benefits.
- Dog friendly offices for friendly dogs
- Company hosted social events & more!