About Blavity: Blavity is a venture-funded technology and new media company. We are changing the landscape of media representation by building the world’s largest digital community for black millennials. Blavity was founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we operate 5 web properties, average 3-5 million monthly unique visitors, generate 30-50 million monthly social impressions, and distribute our message across all of the major social media platforms. We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy & focused people who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction. We are on the lookout for the newest members of our team.
Job Summary: Blavity, Inc. is seeking a Digital Advertising Operations Manager based in Los Angeles to manage the trafficking team responsible for the execution of digital ads across Blavity’s O&O and publisher network.
The Digital Advertising Operations Manager will report to the Director of Digital Advertising Operations & Programmatic Strategy. He/she should have a good understanding of Ad Ops and digital advertising landscapes.
- Manage a team of Digital Ad Ops Specialists to flawlessly traffic direct sales in a timely manner.
- Identify operational workflow enhancements and help instill best practices related to trafficking and campaign management across the digital Advertising Operations team.
- Manage client communications and work cross departmentally with the Blavity Customer Success team to ensure client needs are fulfilled.
- Manage live campaigns by analyzing daily performance and making optimizations in ad servers to ensure fulfillment and maximize yield.
- Provide campaign and trafficking updates to the broader Ad Sales team during weekly team meetings, daily campaign status emails and dashboards and as needed to other departments, clients, etc.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and provide feedback for campaign delivery issues; such as under pacing, reporting discrepancies, and technical issues; to sales, clients and technology vendors.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in digital advertising operations or trafficking.
- Strong leadership skills, and preferred managerial experience.
- Knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem; ad serving technologies, digital creative specifications and tagging such as VAST, VPAID, tracking pixels; debugging proxy server tools such as Fiddler, Charles and Wireshark.
- Direct experience managing clients.
- Detail-oriented and organized with an ability to multi-task and execute under aggressive timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
- An eagerness to learn and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.